The ISO 14001:2004 certification provides a framework for a strategic approach to a company’s environmental policy, plans and actions. This provides the generic requirements for an environmental management system. Following are some of the essentials of our service.
Environmental Management involves the management of all components of the bio-physical environment, both living (biotic) and non-living (abiotic). This is due to the interconnected and network of relationships amongst all living species and their habitats. The environment also involves the relationships of the human environment such as the social, cultural and economic environment with the bio-physical environment. These standards exist to help organizations minimize the negative impact of their operations on the environment.
Following are the requirement of ISO 14001 organizations
- Establish an appropriate environmental policy
- Identify the environmental aspects arising from the organization’s past, existing or planned activities, products and services, in order to determine the environmental impact of significance.
- Identify applicable legal and other requirements, to which the organization subscribes
- Identify priorities and set appropriate environmental objectives and targets
- Establish a structure and programs to implement the policy and achieve objectives and meet targets
- Facilitate planning, control, monitoring, preventive and corrective actions, auditing and review activities to ensure both that the policy is complied with and that the environmental management system remains appropriate
- Be capable of adapting to changing circumstances
Advantages of ISO 14001:2004 Certification
- Process improvement
- Environmental cost reduction
- Better relationships with regulators
- Better relationships with insurers, investors, and financial markets
- Product improvement
- Marketing advantages
- Better control of liabilities
- Reduced regulatory burden
- Protection of company image and name
- Demonstration of responsible management